View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default numbness and tightness muscle just below ribs

Sorry, I cant remember what muscle it is. If you feel where the bottom of your sternum is, there's a muscle (I think) just below that. That's where I'm talking about.

The area between the bottom of the sternum and above the navel.

I'm numb right there, and numb below that too. (down to a personal area)

The part that's freaking me out right now is the muscle I just described (below the sternum). It's numb, really really stiff and it's really uncomfortable. It's scaring me because of where it is. I feel like I'm breathing ok, but if I lay down it's really uncomfortable. It feels kind of like someone is standing behind me and grabbing me like a heimlich, and is just pressing down on the muscle. Feels like it's being pushed into my stomach. Really weird feeling.

My legs are also numb and I'm walking really funny. I'm a lot worried that I'm about to end up paralyzed.

I have about an hour before my neuro's office opens.

Am I right to be a lot worried about possible impending paralysis?? This is my biggest fear about the MS.

I'm really tired but I cant sleep. Otherwise I'd go back to sleep while I wait for the neuro's office to open. So I'm here freaking out instead.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (01-29-2011)