Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj1959 View Post
Hi Melody,
From what I understand, when you took that computer and had a new motherboard put in, they probably replaced it with a used motherboard from a compaq computer. If they charged you for a new motherboard, you probably got stuck and didn't know it. If they had ordered a new board, they would have gotten an OEM board made for your system or a name brand board like Asus, Gigabyte or MSI that was compatible with your processor and memory. OEM stands for origional equipment manufacture. A lot of computer repair shops are nutorious for this. They take a compatible motherboard that works from an old system that someone probably gave them and put it in your system and charged you for a new motherboard.

Good Luck, rlj1959
and when I noticed this and I brought it to his attention, he gave me an explanation but darn if I can remember. It took me a month to get this back because he told me he ordered it from China.

He did back up everything and put it back on my computer, telling me he partitioned the hard drive (I have no clue).

I absolutely agree with you that he did this.

It's like when you bring your car into a mechanic (and you don't know squat about engines), and you have to trust the mechanic to tell you the truth.

Yeah right? It's like trusting a plumber to come in your house and give you an honest estimate.

Oh well.

thanks much
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote