View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
and when I noticed this and I brought it to his attention, he gave me an explanation but darn if I can remember. It took me a month to get this back because he told me he ordered it from China.

He did back up everything and put it back on my computer, telling me he partitioned the hard drive (I have no clue).

I absolutely agree with you that he did this.

It's like when you bring your car into a mechanic (and you don't know squat about engines), and you have to trust the mechanic to tell you the truth.

Yeah right? It's like trusting a plumber to come in your house and give you an honest estimate.

Oh well.

thanks much
Melody
Yep You Got Ripped,
Computer repair shops here in ther US don't order replacement parts from China. There are several wholesale distributors right here in the US not to mention retail stores that have most anything they need or could possibly order from China. And there again, the shipping and import fees would cost more than the motherboard itself if shipped from China. HP and Compaq are the same company. They just sell under different brand names. They flooded the market for years with these Compaq Internet PCs and thats about all they had the power to do, browse the web and do email. People try to run more high performance programs like photo editing or MS Office or better yet, video games. So they end taking their computer to a shop wanting to increase it's power and this is not possible as these computers are not designed to be upgraded more than adding a little memory. The computer shop talks them into letting them build them a high performance computer to run these programs and games. 9 times out of 10, that person just gives that old Compaq to the repair shop to avoid all the inviromental laws involved in just throwing it away.

Sorry this happened to you, rlj1959
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote