View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj1959 View Post
Sorry Follks,
My leg is hurting like hell so I tried to go to bed. No luck with the sleep. Thanks for the cover Don; it's always good to have someone covering your 6 o’clock. Please don't ignore what legalmania said about this back surgery. I have a close friend here; as a matter of fact she is the lady I used to work for. She is only 42 years old and she has had 3 major operations on her neck and upper spine that I am certain of. She may have had even more. We worked together in a floor covering store that her husband owns. She was the store manager but no body ever told me what my title was. Anyway, this job requires constant heavy lifting, constant standing and walking on a concrete floor. There have been times; we would have to stand around in the show room with bargain hunting customers for 2 or 3 hours at a time without sitting down. You can't just walk out on a customer. She had gotten to the point that she was always dropping stuff. She couldn't even hold on to a pencil to write because her hands and arms would be numb. She has had 2 of those fusion surgeries, what ever that is and the last one she had before I had to quit was surgery on a collapsed disk that was pinching a nerve. That happened about a year before I had to quit and she is still in terrible pain all the time and her hands and arms still go numb. Before I left, she dropped a box of fancy ceramic tile trim that cost the store about $600.00. Her husband has hired 2 replacements for me because she can’t do any heavy lifting and that job takes 2 people most of the time. Anyway, be very, very particular about what you let them do to your back

Thanks, rlj1959
sorry if im stealing your "Posting Rlj".it goes to show you no matter whose posting it is we all are here for each other.so again sorry.But i just want to thank you folk on the tip.all i can say is "Gulp"well i thought my was minor,just a quick routine task
don1956 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote