View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ischemia - A Key Factor in Fibromyalgia

I thought I would share with you a hypothesis I have concerning fibromyalgia. It goes like this:

Fluoride poisoning causes varied and widespread ischemia. Varied and widespread ischemia cause many of the symptoms of fibromyalgia.

From Answers.com:

Ischemia - A decrease in the blood supply to a bodily organ, tissue, or part caused by constriction or obstruction of the blood vessels.

What would the result of ischemia be? Basically, there would be two main effects. Certain substances would not be supplied to a certain group of cells at a rate that they require. Other substances would not be removed from a group of cells at a rate they require. The group of cells would suffocate for lack of oxygen. They would starve for lack of food supplies. They be ill-repaired for lack of proper building supplies. They would be intoxicated because of a buildup of waste products and abnormal levels of substances produced by cells in distress.

If brain cells were intoxicated, suffocating, starving, and ill-repaired - a person might very well experience fibro fog, even permanent memory loss (a side effect of statins)

If muscle cells were intoxicated, suffocating, starving, and ill-repaired they might very well be fatigued, cramped (a sign of ischemia), and painful even at rest. If forced to work hard under ischemic conditions, they would even fare worse. (heart problems, rhabdomyolysis are a side effects of statins)

If liver cells were intoxicated, suffocating, starving, and ill-repaired one might very well expect damage to the liver's ability to detoxify chemicals in the blood.

If nerve cells were intoxicated, suffocating, starving, and ill repaired they might very well function poorly and be hypersensitive to pain.

This is just a hypothesis at this point, but I hope to be able to build a case for it over time.

Last edited by wasabi; 02-24-2007 at 12:01 AM.
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote