View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I took 2 of my boys - years ago when very young they both had colds & some sort of mild, chronic nasal, rash, allergy issues that the regular dr & standard medicines couldn't fully clear up.
Plus I just prefer to try the natural approach first for many things..

I had read some books on natural medicine /homeopathy and such which got me thinking in that direction , luckily found a very nice one in the next town. A few years later he was appointed to a state advisory board by the governor at the time.

Anyway after only an interview /assessment & few treatments they both responded nicely.
I used the homeopathic cures if any slight relapses happened ( they call them cures or cell salts- back then anyway , now they might be called something else).

I did find out they both had chronic milk/dairy sensitivities and over time it had dragged down their natural immunity resistance.

So we adjusted the foods and addressed the sx with the cures.

I think there is some difference between homeopaths & naturopaths - but the one we saw used both techniques I believe. I don't recall what his title /label was.

I also went to a naturopathic dr for some misc health problems, but she was fairly young and newly lic. so the depth of knowledge was not there for complicated or confusing sx. first visit was free though..

She was nice but when you have a condition or multiple things going on an expert with some years behind them is the best way IMO.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-19-2011), Kitty (01-23-2011), SallyC (01-19-2011)