View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello All,

I wanted to provide an update.

First, my father recently had two stents inserted into one of his arteries. His cardiac cath revealed that he had a 95% blockage. Sigh.

On January 2nd we brought my mom home from the hospital. Her diarrhea had subsided. Literally the moment that the nurse came in the room to tell us that she was being discharged, the diarrhea started up again. I stressed the fact that I wanted her to stay in the hospital until the doctors had a chance to talk to our MDS. My parents insisted that my mother come home because she started her lymphedema therapy the upcoming week. We brought her home, and her diarrhea persisted for a few days.

She has had about 2.5 weeks of the lymphedema therapy thus far. She has tailored her ldopa down to 1.5 pills, 4 times per day, all pills being IR 25/100. The diarrhea had gone away for the most part, until today. I called home around 5:00 PM to see how her therapy went today. My father answered and mentioned they did not go because she has had the diarrhea all day. My father left to go grab a bite to eat around 2:30 PM, came home at 5:00, and she was still in the bathroom.

Can a total of 6 pills daily really cause this issue or are we looking at something more deep-rooted?

Matthew R. Smith
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote