View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default gosh where do you start?

It sounds like you need a legal guardian or an advocate or better yet an attorney. Are you being given any meds. where in missouri, i know a few people there- one is a pediatric neuologist who has pd herself. can't think of better qualifications than that, She is in or near Little Rock.

and do call your doctors, all of them.

best to you -it keeps getting harder but you are tough and can overcome this. just be determined ...very determined. tell yourself you will make them understand.

i could also call Bill Bell and see if he has any recommendations.

oops wrong state. clognition . i knew llittle rock was in arkansas. and i will help make phone calls for you if that can help.

and breathe, give your muscles some oxygen. PD meltdowns are pretty serious. i had acrying meltdown on one of the pAN visiting day because i went to the wrong meeting and missed the one i was scheduled. I cried thru many of the subsequent meetings but a kind florida group got used to it and just said their messsages and i just said sorry - pd meltdown.

people are not trained to know the differencee and delecate balance or lack of. a mental ward with pd by yourself is no place to remain, and withholding medicine is the same as withholding insulin.

show them this post if that is what it takes.

i'll be thinking and praying for you. parkinson disease is one long computer crash and unavoidable drug addiction. the PAN forums are filled with younger and younger people . You are still young so kill them with kindness and pee your bed over and over again. i did it because i had no choice. they were short staffed and i had to go every half an hour with the iV running thru me when i had neck surgery. Don't attempt to walk to the bathroom if you can't do it safely. the last thing you need is a bad fall.

Do you know of any local advocate groups?

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 01-19-2011 at 07:24 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote