View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 01:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jingle pretty much nailed it. It's basically a very advanced albeit accurate VEEG. A standard EEG gives the approximate seizure location and activity, whereas the more invasive VEEG with the electrodes placed on the brain and sometimes on any affected areas (scar tissue, 'white spots', etc.) gives nearly exact locations of activity. This test is something not everyone can get, but it's a test that should (more often than not) give answers.

If they did his surgery without this test, I'd probably feel a bit of concern. From my understanding, this test is typically done primarily for surgery candidates. I know quite a few of us here were able to catch the Epilepsy special on the Discovery Health Channel called "Surgery Saved My Life". They did do this type of a VEEG on the person and were able to get a highly accurate reading. They had stated this type was done for accuracy.

It's unfortunate to hear he is in such pain, I had naturally assumed it was one of those things that look like they hurt much worse than they actually do. However, I'd imagine it's how it was done as well as the patients pain tolerance and any other health factors that may be involved.

I wish nothing but the best for your father, for you and for your family. I hope his procedure brings answers and the surgery brings him some comfort after recovery.

*Hugs*

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote