View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Artist--sorry I couln't thank you sooner (had emrgency nerve-block due to the fiasco w/ meds...)

And thanks to all for some very good suggestions re gardening tips! I was thinking, if i can't get a neighborhood kid to help dig a hole deep enough for a 1 or 5 gallon rose bush, etc., I wonder what would happen if a bunch of good compost could be "mounded" around the roots. Has anyone tried this "method"? I suppose in the harsh winter, the roots would have to be extra- protected with mulch or something...

I LOVE the idea of the wild-flower seeds!!!! That should be pretty easy to do, and I think a lot of them are perennials and will come back. THANKS!!!!

Also, I have seen a lot of "pre-formed" pond kits with pumps included, and some are solar-power operated. I am pretty sure that a hole wouldn't even have to be dug! Maybe just put a bunch of dirt and small rocks that are easy to handle around it so that the base can't be seen, and then put little plants around it...hmmmmmmm, I better start re-reading all my catalogues and find one!!! That could be really pretty, and I bet a lot of birds would be attracted, too!!!!

Has anyone with ponds tried to grow water-plants, like water-lilies, etc? Are they pretty hard to grow in the pond? (fussy, etc.?). I would like to try that!

LOTS of fun "projects" to look forward to this spring/summer!!!! THANK YOU ALL!

Browkenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote