View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sorry.......not Possible

I have just finished a conversation with my provider and it seems impossible to stop this type of SPAM. Blocking by blacking out a subject or sender will only work for that particular sender and if you will notice that sender always changes as does the subject. You will spend more time blacking than just deleting and moving on.
When I suggested a pinging method I was told that 80 percent of email is freemail. There is little incentive to come up with a method that would use some type of ping since that would at least double the amount of emails being sent. Also since this is an international problem it is not likely that everybody would comply with some type of US national mandate.
So there you go. It really sucks, but that's the way it is.
Your best bet, if this is truly a huge problem, would be to get a new email address and be sure that you only give out the new address to people you can trust not to pass it along to somebody that might sell it. But there are is always the potential for a virus or trojan that will infect that person or that company and supply your email address to one of the spam scam outfits.
Sorry for the bad news and good luck.
timeforwalkies
timeforwalkies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote