View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Sometimes our remotes will work even if aimed away from the TV ...but I can't say if it would or wouldn't if the infrared portal area was covered.
Well I solved it.

I had two things to solve. The changing of the cable box channels because I use the same cable remote to change cable channels.And finding the solution to my vcr remote problem.

I had this big giant cardboard box (with cutout) to fit over the whole right set-up. That worked fine, but ever since I replaced the vcr on the right, my remote would always affect the right vcr no matter WHAT cover I put in front of it, on top of it, over it, under it, etc. NO MATTER WHAT I DID.

So I just sat there devising ways to cover the panel of the vcr. I know I would have to still use the cardboard box because I don't want to change the cable channel.

so what did Melody do about the VCR?

I remembered that when I PROGRAM the vcr and select timer, it locks up the whole system so it will turn on, record and shut itself off.

And I know that the only way I can INTERRUPT this process is to press PLAY AND STOP and the same time.

So all I have to do when I want to record ANYTHING, is I have to rememember that I can't just press record. If I just press the record button, the VCR on the right will record and anytime I try and use the remote on the LEFT set-up, even though I have things in place to interrupt the remote signal, the remote will still be able to control the VCR because it has nothing to do with line of site.

But....when I PROGRAM the VCR and it starts to record, the remote will have absolutely no effect, UNLESS I STOP THE PROCEEDINGS BY PRESSING POWER AND STOP.

So from now on, I shall program my vcr to record anything I wish, put the cover on top of the whole thing (so the cable box won't switch channels), and I shall be able to lie on my bed at night, use my remote (both cable and vcr,) change channels, watch a recording, stop the recording and it won't affect the right VCR.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I'm Macguyver!!!lol

You should have seen me with aluminum sheeting, plastic cutouts, cardboard, FOAM, I tried everything. The signal went through.

I am now back to being able to enjoy my shows.

Life is good.
lol lol lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote