View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok Bryanna heres the scoop, I seen him yesterday and he took another panoramic he looked at it and said it looked fine however he does see some inflammation in the gum area and of course you can see and feel the lump. He said he doesn't know what it is he doesn't think it's pus but he did put me on Clindamycin 300mgs and Flagyll 500mgs for a week and I'm to come back next Wedns. If the lump hasn't went down he wants to do some exploratory surgery and see what he can see. I'm not to keen on it but if it doesn't resolve I have no choice. I was wondering if I could see an ent for that? As you know I'm not comfortable with him. Also will this surgery be billed to my dental or medical insurance? I do know one thing tho, these antibiotics are killing me! I have been on probiotics for awhile but my stomache is still tore up. I'm giving it til tomorrow when he will be in to see if things right themselves. I hate to stop them and then definitely have to have the surgery. I also have been taking prenatel vitamins for years. So I am trying to keep everything on track but boy these antibiotics are a bear! He did say there was a possibility there was necrosis of the bone even tho the x-rays showed the bone was clean of infection. Believe me when it comes to x-rays nothing ever shows up even when there is a problem. Don't know why I have such luck but I do. I also seen my dentist and I asked the girl to grind off some sealant that had dripped down behind my bottom tooth where I have a permanent retainer. What happens? The retainer pops off cause of the drill and now she needs to put a new one on. Of course she couldn't get the wire to bend correctly so they had to take an impression and I will have it put back on next Wednesday. Never simple. Oh and as for the pain in the opposite jaw I believe it's from the clamp, I had a previous extraction and after the bruising came out you could see fingerprints along my jawline that time. There was no fingerprints so I would say a clamp this time. I know I will be glad when all this is over
Robyn6447 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote