View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, more bad news. My lawyer sent me an RFC form (I think that’s what it's called) to take to my doctor at the VA today. My doctor told me that an MD or any other medical personnel employed by the government at a VA hospital are prohibited by federal regulation from signing any kind of medical document other than for internal use only by the facility they are employed at. He wouldn't fill out the damn form. I guess I'm screwed again by government regulations. Any body else ever heard of such? I haven't told my lawyer yet because I got back from the hospital late. I’m going to call the patient advocate at the hospital tomorrow and see if she can help me. If it ain't one thing, it’s fifteen.
Forgot to mention this. My knee is still infected, not bad but infected. My doctor decided to weight for a while to see if the infection would go away with oral antibiotics. If not, then they would go ahead and replace the knee again.

Update:
I called my lawyer today and believe it or not, he actually answered the phone. I told him what my doctor said. The lawyer said my doctor is terribly mistaken. He sent me a copy of a VA Directive stating that VA MDs are required by law to complete this type of forms for veterans as long it is not intended to cost the VA anything. He said the VA is very strict on paying for something that SSA is supposed to pay for. Anyway, I'm sending this VA Directive to my doctor along with the RFC form and hopefully he will do it.

Last edited by Rickey; 01-21-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Update
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote