View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Concussion is a process more than an event. When the brain is injured, the damaged cells try to recover but after some time, some of them give up and die. Then, the neighboring cells send out a signal that causes all of the damaged cells that are compromising the brains function to die. I learned that this signal is sent out by tRNA (transmitting RNA) This process can start in a few days or not until five or six weeks later or more.

You have had more than six concussions. Each broken nose should be considered a concussion, too. You likely have a large number of sub-concussive impacts from the various jolt to your head from things as simple as catching a hard kick.

What have the neurologist and neurosurgeon done that has helped?

You sensitivity to sound and light is very common for PCS. Sunglasses and foam ear plugs can be a big help. The memory struggles at school will likely return from time to time, based on your stress load and health.

If your trainer has not already done so, you need to take a long time off the field and consider your options for your life. It is very likely that you have exhausted the ability of your brain to recover. Continuing to put your brain at risk will put your life, livelihood and future enjoyment of life in serious jeopardy.

There are many on this forum who have suffered multiple concussions and now struggle with permanent symptoms.

The rage and other personality changes can radically change your life as they cause you to lose friends and alienate family. I have been through many personality changes, none for the better. It takes a strong support system of family and friends to deal with the outbursts and other personality issues. Eventually, you will need to have them help you avoid the outburst/rage triggers and run interference when you explode.

Get Dr Glen Johnson's TBI Survival Guide by download at http://www.drakecenter.com/file.axd?...vivalGuide.pdf
or read it online Chapter by Chapter at www.tbiguide.com

You seriously need to get all the truth about concussions so you can plan your life. There are many ways you can change your life (nutrition, lower stress, and better choices) to make living with PCS tolerable.

We are here for any questions you may have.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grady Lady (01-23-2011)