View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I've been thinking about your question, Bob.

Now that I am older, sleeping on a problem seems to work better for me

In any case, SSRI drugs are known to lower platelets.
http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla...inal&Itemid=24

Tramadol has this action, SSRI type action, and since you use a high dose it might be the culprit.

Lyrica also has a decreased platelet count listed:
Quote:
Decreased Platelet Count

LYRICA treatment was associated with a decrease in platelet count. LYRICA-treated subjects experienced a mean maximal decrease in platelet count of 20 × 103/μL, compared to 11 × 103/μL in placebo patients. In the overall database of controlled trials, 2% of placebo patients and 3% of LYRICA patients experienced a potentially clinically significant decrease in platelets, defined as 20% below baseline value and < 150 × 103/μL. A single LYRICA treated subject developed severe thrombocytopenia with a platelet count less than 20 x 103/ μL. In randomized controlled trials, LYRICA was not associated with an increase in bleeding-related adverse reactions.
from http://www.rxlist.com/lyrica-drug.htm

Keep in mind this above insert copy was done with normal doses, for a short time. You have been on high dose for much longer than any study.

So you need to watch for signs of anemia...which would indicate internal bleeding issues. Looking at nail beds and your eye membranes is a quick way to decide if you need to see your doctor. If either one get really pale, go in for some testing and evaluation.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote