View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Gabby and Carol,

Everybody seems to be getting snow right now. We are suppose to have another storm coming in tomorrow. It was a whiteout the other evening when I came home from the Drs. office. I live 5 blocks from the office and I thought about parking my car and walking home but had on the wrong shoes and coat. I don't mind the snow if I can just sit in and do nothing but that doesn't always work.

Gabby, this is the second time for the shingles for me. I had them back in the late 80's on my right side. This time it was my thumb and above the wrist. They are going away but I still have the pain now in my chest and shoulder and down the arm. It a different type of pain then the other I have had in my chest. I wear lidocaine patches and he gave me lidocaine gel and I got shots so hopefully it will calm down soon. It does come from having chicken pox as a child. I can remember me and my 2 sisters had it at the same time. We stayed upstairs in our rooms until we got better. My brother had the shingles in his eyes a few years back. He spent time in the hospital. I don't know if they run in the family though. Out of the 10 of us, only 2 of us have had them. Hopefully you won't get them. They do leave an aftermath. I can't stand for long due to the pain in my right side and in the summer it's the worst. My Dr. did say he was going to see about getting me the vaccine so I won't get them again. I'm not sure my insurance will pay for the shot though.

The schools here in this town would make the kids go to school if the snow was neck deep. That's been a thorn in my side with that school. When all other schools around here close, they stay open. I worry about the kids having to drive or even ride the bus when it's so bad. Luckily Dustin's out of there now.

I don't remember where you live but boy is all states getting snow or other problems now. Stay in and just enjoy the safety of your home. Both of you.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gabbycakes (01-21-2011)