View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hey Melody, I just did something to find a simple answer for you that I wouldn't do for many people. LOL I phoned my ex-husband.

He can't understand that it would still work when it's covered up properly either.

He's sold electrical equipment for nearly all his life, and his father before him. He said some of the newer, more expensive Panasonics have a function on the remote where you can set your priority. e.g. could made one VCR No 1, the other No 2, and so on.

However, he said if you can't do that then what he usually does with his DVD players side by side, is just grab a magazine, or a leaflet, brochure, junk mail, anything, and fold it over the front and just lift up the machine and rest the legs on it so it's quite tight. Works for him. Has to be really tight though. I wouldn't use material like a towel.

He also said you could turn it sideways but said that there are so many variables that may not work. He said the remote might still bounce off the walls but that depended on a lot of things too, like how shiny the paint is etc.. Beats me.

Anyway, that's what he does with his multiple, same model DVD players. Just a magazine or a brochure. He said it works for him and it's easy to remove when you want to use the player.

Basically he can't understand that if your one player is covered up properly that it could still work like that either.

Last edited by Lara; 01-21-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: clarity
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote