View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

wow, here's a hug for calling your ex.

And please thank him for his help. When you say fold a magazine over the vcr, well, that is not ideal because I use this vcr every single day and record on it every single day. I don't watch the tapes on it because the right set-up is only used for recording. So I'd be putting the magazine over it, and taking it off and it would drive me nuts.

However, I did HAVE A IDEA. While I was reading the information on that link you provided, it indicated that light and colors have an effect.

You know those old 3 d glasses (this is just for an example), You know when one side is red an the other side is blue? Well I don't have an of those, but what if I went to a stationery store and bought a few pieces of various colored transparent papers? What if I do an experiment by putting the red transparent paper in front of the panel. Let's see if the remote won't get through.

And if the red doesn't work, I'll try other colors. Or I'll put several colors together. Since remotes work by frequencies and light and colors, WELL... IT'S A SHOT!!

And tell you husband that the remote worked THROUGH A TOWEL, THROUGH A PIECE OF STEEL, THROUGH A PILLOW, etc.

I must have a super remote!!

lol
melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote