View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 05:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so sorry to hear about your concussions. This is especially difficult for a talented and dedicated athlete at the top of your game. There is grief involved with what you are going through, and anger can be part of grief. There may be many neurological and chemical reasons for the anger, but grief can contribute. You have lost a lot over the past year. Be gentle with yourself. It sounds like the anger is subsiding and that is good.

I do know that my daughter experienced high sensitivity to light and sounds after the concussion and it has gotten better over time.

If you are playing against Yale in soccer, it is possible that you attend an Ivy league college or another similar college. It is an intense environment. I would suggest that you think about a lighter class load, so that you give your brain time to heal. Maybe even take a semester to do something totally different and less stressful than school. You may have just kept going since the concussion, as young adults are apt to do (100 miles an hour!). But true brain healing can't happen without a restful environment. Make sure you are getting sleep. You can get a medical request for a single room in your dorm, etc.

Take good care!
snowdaykids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote