View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Mrs. D. You have a way of giving the info and links that always makes me feel like I may just get somewhere with this. I appreciate the link and who knows..I may just find a doctor doing similar things where I am. Thank you again! Always appreciated! Best of luck to you and all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
What IS important is you get a doctor who understands Fibro and is keeping up with the new research.

If a doctor offers you trigger point diagnosis and/or injections that is NOT one to continue seeing.

This doctor is one of the new doctors who is very patient oriented and also generous with his time. He follows all the new research and is involved in it. I've heard him at conferences and at one time he taught new patients once a week FREE...so they could learn to understand their own Fibro. Back then he invited the doctors in the audience to send their patients to him for this once a week free seminar! I don't know if he still does that now, however.

http://www.fmscommunity.org/clauw.htm

If you google him you might find his office and call there for a referral to someone close to you, who has trained with Dr. Clauw and or is up to date as Dr. Clauw is. If you Google him you'll find alot of his interviews and lectures online. He is a tremendous speaker as well, in person!
im4dexter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-31-2011), mrsD (01-22-2011)