View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Cathie, Yes it is a small world! I agree with frenchfri1003 post. My surgery took almost 5 hours. When my Dr drilled the holes for the screws they did not fit properly so he used bone cement to fill in the holes and redrilled. I was in the hospital for 1 nite, originally told 2, but the head nurse saw me straighten my bed sheet after using the washroom (she was a B****), and said if she can make her bed she can go home, I told them I was not ready, ( my husband was livid) but was discharged without seeing Shamisa. I was readmitted 2 days later with swallowing issues due to a large(golfball size)hematoma on my incision . I was given morphine injections, no drip, and discharged 3 days later. I would have to go back later that month as a stitch broke, and had to have the hematoma drained. It was day 2 that I showered, my husband put a lawn chair in the tub (my head felt heavy and I felt weak) and he washed my hair, sitting while showering was actually the easiest way for me. My girl friend came over 3 times a week to braid my hair. Cathie, the hard collar has blue velcrose pads, make sure you get 2 sets so you always have a dry set after showering, my husband always did my collar and I just stood very still. Sorry you had pain issues during your MRI, I am claustrophobic(?)and I do not like the MRI machine, I take a little pill and then it is still all I can do not to squeeze the red ball and scream lol. Happy Thoughts, Positive Attitude, and no Stress, makes for good surgery, as frenchfri1003 stated Relax! Well my hands are numb arms are throbbing and too long of a post. Talk soon, Bunz
---------------------------------------------------

bunz50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote