View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hey NM. MS does not really have an "end" that I am aware of.

I am PPMS.

I was dx'ed in 2005 and still walking, albeit very slow and I use a walker about 95% of the time. I quickly got a wheelchair that pulls apart into 5 easy pieces that fit into the trunk. It takes DH or DD about 1 minute to take apart or put together so that outings are more manageable. I got it before it was really needed and despite a desire to stay home, I am glad I have it so that DH and DD can entice me to go places.

I started with feet issues, probably 10 years before dx. They still burn or become icy cold. No prescription meds really seem to work very well. LDN did not work for me.

I do not take much meds at this time. Too little results so a waste of money, IMHO.

I had a couple of really bad days but yesterday was an okay day. Never symptom free, just more tolerable.

I don't really look into the future of where I will be in one year because it is a total unknown. All I know for sure is that MS does not kill, it just makes life different, mostly not what I planned to be doing.

61 and WC, not bad at all from my point of view of MS. If he ends up in bed more than outside, get a good media system. Buy a few plants for the room he uses the most. Cook new weird recipes in an attempt to become a chef.

I can't control the bad, I can control the good.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA (10-23-2011), EddieF (05-01-2011), SallyC (01-22-2011)