View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi jana,

I'm sorry that your aunt is going through such a hard time right now, take my word it's not easy on anyone when they find out that they have epilepsy but they just have to realize it's not that bad and it could be a lot worse for them.
This sounds like your aunt might have had a aura sz. which lead into a complex partial sz. The brightness of the computer monitor may have started the aura sz. because bright light can sometimes trigger sz. for a person this is known as being photosensitive. Often I will start to see colors flash back and forth in my eyes like the colors of the rainbow and then I get a nervousness in my stomach that feels like butterflies in my stomach this is the beginning of an aura sz. after that I blank out and I don't remember anything but my husband has told me I will wander around the house, smack my lips, and try and talk but the words won't come out right. After that the sz.is over but I'm exhausted and want to sleep for 2 hrs. The dizziness, cold feeling and vomiting are also parts of epilepsy for many people. I often get cold and I found out that it was from my seizure meds. and the dizziness is also part of the epilepsy. Keep a journal and write down what time the sz. happened along with a discription and you may see a pattern as to what time of day/night or what days of the month your aunt is more likely to have any sz. Also take note if she has been sick, or if there's a low pressure in the weather because often these 2 things can trigger sz. I personally wonder if the brightness from the computer screen didn't trigger the sz. Here's wishing you and your aunt the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote