View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lexipi,

Welcome to the forum! I've had seizures for 39 yrs. and before I started to have sz. (seizures) I had wicked migraine headaches and this is what led into the sz. I'm no neurologisit or Epileptologist but it sounds like you might have had an absence (petit mal) sz. I've had this form of sz. since I was 10yrs. old and I'm 48 now.

If I may ask what med did you stop taking and after you woke up did you seem confused, find yourself in another room and very tired? These are all signs of seizures.

My best advice to you is to go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually at University Hospitals and see an Epileptologist (Dr. specalizing in epilepsy) the Dr. will do an e.e.g., MRI, Cat scan and other tests to see if you are having sz. Also at an Epilepsy Center you can speak with a neuropsychatrist that understands epilepsy and will work with the Epileptologist by doing special tests on you. You shouldn't feel stupid or feel like a liar because you weren't aware of what was going on when all of this happened.
Be sure to keep a calendar and write down each time this happens putting down the time of day/night the sz. happened and also describe the sz. Stay away from anything with nutra sweet (aspartame) in it like diet soda because nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain and can cause sz. Stay off of cell phones also it has been proven that cell phones can trigger sz. for many people if they use them a lot. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote