View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have progressed too much for my liking over the past year, and recently felt as though I was ready for another med adjustment..Seems like as soon as my meds are working..its time to change something again.. ..I had talked to my Dr about LDN a while ago, and he wouldnt prescribe it..and gave me this speach that I could still be swinging a golf club at age 60..(I dont play golf)..so I gave up on the idea for a while..Ashleyk has been persistant in sharing her experiences with LDN, and I figured that it must be benefiting her if she keeps posting about it..so three weeks ago I started taking CVS brand cough syrup 15% Dextromethorphan by volume @ 1/2 teaspoon before bed daily..well..the first two weeks werent daily because I couldnt remember to take it..but I noticed when I did that the next day I felt better than usual..I have taken it everyday now for 8 days in a row..and every single day Ive had a remarkable amount of movement, and I feel better than I have in 2 years..I am energetic, sleep better, and Im alot more confident in my daily endeavors, driving, walking, daily chores, etc..Pd was starting to creep in to the left side of my body, and I began to experience some changes in coordination in picking objects up, typing, handling a fork and knife..etc..It feels like movement has been restored, and I definately have more movement/coordination in my bad hand..I can get in my truck in the dark and get the key in the ignition first shot 8 out of 10 times..I was having trouble doing it in the daylight before..It feels premature to be saying this after only 8 days..but I havent had 8 consecutive days like this in I cant remember how long..Something has changed..I can feel it, and I know its not my imagination..a couple of people who know me well have noticed it as well..I feel the same way I felt the first time I took a brand name Sinamet..The way I figure it..For a lousy $5.00 for a bottle of cough syrup, what have I got to lose?