View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdaykids View Post
It is an intense environment. I would suggest that you think about a lighter class load, so that you give your brain time to heal. Maybe even take a semester to do something totally different and less stressful than school. You may have just kept going since the concussion, as young adults are apt to do (100 miles an hour!). But true brain healing can't happen without a restful environment. Make sure you are getting sleep. You can get a medical request for a single room in your dorm, etc.

Take good care!
Thanks. I was actually attending a school that tries to act Ivy League, but will never be one. Well either way, I had to leave the school. My first semester GPA was only a 3.0, and after those last two concussions my GPA dropped to a 1.7 and I was too embarassed to go back, especially due to the fact that I had a low GPA and I am not allowed to play any contact sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
What have the neurologist and neurosurgeon done that has helped?
They pretty much had me doing physical therapy for my brain. I had to go back to the basics and relearn a lot of things. In the beginning it was rather annoying just doing really simple stuff again, but I started to realize how big the problem was when I would have trouble just trying to re-draw something that the Neuro showed me or put little pegs back in place with only my left hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
You sensitivity to sound and light is very common for PCS. Sunglasses and foam ear plugs can be a big help. The memory struggles at school will likely return from time to time, based on your stress load and health.
Yeah I just went out yesterday and picked up a pair of prescription sunglasses and bought a pair of earplugs to shove into my wallet and take them out if I'm some place where I can't turn the volume down. (movies, concert, etc.)
MullyGK1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote