View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 08:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A couple of thoughts related to the last few posts here...

A good friend of mine was dx'd with roseasa (sp?) recently. His doctor said that it was a sign of gluten intolerance and he went to a gastro doc and after some tests it was confirmed.

I have always wondered about this for myself and one of my doctors mentioned it to me a long time ago. By coincidence, I went to the derm about a week ago for something else and got the same dx..Additionally, I too have oily skin (even for my age).

Another doctor put me on a low carb and very healthy diet and the redness in my face is down AND I'm finally losing weight.

I record my calorie intake at least every day or so on the Fit Day website.

I seem to be eating very resonably...a little on the low side. This happens almost naturally when you eat a lot of vegetables.

As a side note....I got it in my head that I will allow myself three wild food days a year: Christmas, my birthday and my(our) anniversary. So, this past Christmas I ate whatever I wanted including several desserts.

It took about two days to feel better afterwards and for the cravings to get better.

I don't have too many cravings normally....usually a small all natural fruit smoothie helps.

It's still kinda hard....but eliminating sugar, bread and grains isn't as hard as other things and best of all...it is working.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-08-2011), bizi (01-22-2011), Kitty (02-07-2011)