View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had open surgery, and recovery time was a bit slower than I hoped. It took nearly 3 weeks before I could hold a pen properly, so my fine skills/dexterity took a few weeks, so you would possibly need longer than 2 weeks recovery time. I was lucky in that I had the time to recover, and no work commitments to worry about. Of course, it will be different for everyone, and depending on how bad the nerve damage was before surgery...for recovery time.
~Jaime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
I'm putting off having the surgery done. Dunno whether to do open wrist or arthroscopic (sp?) surgery. Arthro seems to tout less recovery time (relatively).
But, I cannot find anyone to give me specific info that I want regarding real recovery time and rate.
I need the fine skills of a watchmaker, and the strength of a carpenter in my work as a full service locksmith.
I am self employed and run a retail shop as well as on-site repair service, emergency lock-out service, and installations.
I cannot afford more than 2 weeks (vacation time) being closed in my shop & being away from the business.

My Poetry Site -
Jaime_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nide44 (01-23-2011)