View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
RLJ,

If your VA doc is still adament in his belief after you instruct him of your lawyers info, you could also point out that he could write the exact same info on a VA form/blank progress note.....then you get the info you need and he can keep to his 'rule'

It frustrates me that so many of us have difficulty getting our docs to be detailed enough in their notes. I understand they are under a time crunch, but neglecting to adequately document so we cannot easily get the benefits we are entitled to directly adds STRESS, which is no good for any medical or psychological condition. Hurting a patientthat way violates their oath to do no harm.......so tell your lazy doc to fill out the damn form !

It bothers me even more that it's a VA doc giving you the runaround. How about some respect for our vets !
I don't think he will have a problem with it because I called the patient advocate at the hospital and they are going to speak to the doctor about it.
I also sent a copy of the VA directive to him that disputes his decision not to do it. This directive from the Cheif Of Medical Staff at the VA in Washington says he has to do it. He has no choice. I guess he could put it off for several weeks if he wanted to but I don't think he is that way. He honestly thought it was not allowed.
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote