Thread: rocking
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sounds like something sensory?? Langan doesn't rock but she has a host of other sensory issues. Our OT has us on a "sensory diet" which is basically a list of things we do with her to help center her so she doesn't need to self-stim. We do lots of bouncing, swinging, oral motor stuff, etc.

Does she have an OT? If so, I would talk to them about it. OTs trained in sensory integration are the best. There is also a great series of books- "The Out of Sync Child" that are great for ideas, suggestions and ways to identify sensory problems.

Is this what you mentioned in your other post (or was it your blog?) as being something you were worried was seizure related? I hope it's not. Maybe the neuro can give you an idea on that? It sounds like sensory stuff to me, but I am so used to thinking everything Langan does is seizure related that I know how you feel.

(((hugs)))
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote