Thread: Facial Hair?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I also thought it

Was about women with facial hair..... you got us...

I have had some sort of facial hair for about 20 years. In the beginning I had a mustache, then went full face.

Now (and since 1993) I have a full beard (trimmed to a #2 guard on my clipper) from Oct - April for the cold cold Arizona winters, and shave it back to a van dyke in the spring/summer.

(it's a little pet p of mine) that most people call van dyke's "goatee's". A Goatee is hair on the chin minus the mustache. My dad taught me that as a kid and I never forgot it. LOL-he taught me that because he can't grow anything but a mustache.

I have never gone mustacheless, so always have had at least a van dyke, (sometimes called a circle beard).

Laura HATES my facial hair, one day about 4 years ago I shaved it clean off. I expected her to come from work and scream with joy- she DID NOT NOTICE for 3 days, yeah, i grew it back. I told her "since you didn't even notice, my beard must not bother you too much". Oh well, I won, she lost, LOL. Now she gets on me if I let it go too long.

In November I participated in "No Shave November" along with all the men of my church, we had a contest-who could grow the biggest beard in 30 days, we raised about $6700 for our church in the contest. my pastor won, he looked like he had a Garibaldi when he was done. I have pic's somewhere. If you don't know what a Garibaldi is, here is a website with most beard styles in pictures:

http://www.dyers.org/blog/beards/beard-types/
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-23-2011)