View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:06 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default mixed blessing

i'll be researching this as it appears to involve certain genes. It's good news for the direction of research and they are working on this already, but also gives words and a name to just how serious this disorder is - as if that hasn't already been demonstrated to us repeatedly. it kind of puts it in a league with cancer. we knew this and it gives great hope to young onset and future pwp.

First question that comes to mind, is will gdnf and some of the other trials coming up still continue to help relieve the symptoms? One of our arguments at the time of gdnf protest was that they don't do this because they are waiting for the magic bullet and new therapies were more lucrative. But it provided relief and was not considered a cure. We felt that this was basically giving up on a few generations of pwp. That concern has returned and I do admit to reading about prions and the debate on pdonline research and going into immediate denial because it was compared to cancer.

but it is what it is - maybe

peg, dr. wakefield (?) was interviewed this morning and says many untruths are being told. he said he believes his patients. there was more. who knows what to believe. patients insist their children got sick after the vaccine but perhaps it was not as frequently as we think. my neuro brought this up voluntarily and insisted vaccines are safe. major patient/doctor gap.

By golly i just had a positive thought - you can beat cancer.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 01-23-2011 at 11:21 AM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote