View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default All too aware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
Did you ear about the MMR vaccine study supposedly linked to autism? Now they say it was fraud! Jeez! who can you trust?
Peg,

My little boy turns two in March, so I am keenly aware. I think that the link between vaccine and autism is a valid one to a point. It serves to show that medicine has a built in iatrogenic component meaning something along the lines of it won't cure you, it may just kill you. Something that is designed to help can hurt you. This is what parents need to know as a fundamental truth and then weight options. The vaccine & autism controversy stems from the case of Hannah Polling who had an undetected mitochondrial disorder, so giving her a vaccine was a bad idea because it ended up triggering the disorder and resulted in autism. Yes, some people have the right environment for it, but just like PD it is more complex than a direct cause effect scenario. What is the answer? We can't possibly screen every child for mitochondria dysfunction, so what is the answer? The thought of many people now choosing to not vaccinate is scary. We now have autism but do we really want to expose our kids to polio all over again; not to mention that the measles can be especially virulent.

I think we need to vaccinate and there are ways you can safeguard your children in the process.

I know of many people who have PD; they insist, with no research to back it, that a vaccine gave them PD. Well, they now face a bit of a quandary if that PD vaccine in development does actually halt disease progression?

Laura

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote