View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hey Robyn,

You are welcome... thanks for being so open to it =))

Yea, I'm not a big fan of yogurt for several reasons... but the smell and taste of it confirms my hesitancy to eat it!

I am glad that your dentist called you back... that is a sign that he is concerned about you so hopefully he will keep this attitude when he sees you. His reason for wanting you to call back is twofold.... one is to see if your intestinal problems have subsided any (I'll explain later) and two he needs to consider other antibiotics and how to administer them.

Intestinal problems caused by (or worsened by) antibiotics such as Clindamycin are a health concern because this medication can cause a serious physical condition called Colstridium Difficile or C-Diff for short. This is acutally an infection in the intestines that comes from killing off the good bacteria that lines the intestinal tract. It is a difficult infection to treat and it can occur and reoccur after the antibiotic is done. Since 75% of our immune system is in our digestive tract, it is imperative to keep it as healthy as possible on a daily basis so that when the time comes to take an antibiotic, we have enough stored up good bacteria to maintain some degree of balance in the intestinal flora to help stop or lessen the intestinal upset from the meds. That's why alternative doctors recommend a daily supplement of a probiotic ......it just makes sense to keep the immune system as healthy as possible. Not all probiotics are quality ingredients so we need to be careful of what we are taking..... also some of the bacterias in probiotics are not essential to our well being so we actually don't need those. What we do need is lactobacillus and plenty of it! Culturelle is an excellent source of that bacteria!

Yes... do ask him about the surgery so you are prepared ahead of time.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn6447 View Post
Wow thanks for all that info! I had been wondering if all stomache meds may actually be causing problems and I'm glad you confirmed it could also be a culprit. The yogurt well YEEHAW! I can occasionally eat some but it's not something I enjoy eating on a regular basis. I will check out the diet as it is definitely worse after I eat and especially after dinner.

After reading your last post I called his office on a whim and he does have an answering service set up. I called around 9pm and he promptly called back I explained my issues and he wanted me to discontinue the Clindamycin and go back on Flagyl and see if I can tolerate it. He said if I continued with problems to give him a call. I was so rattled I completely forgot about asking him about the surgery. He did want me to call Monday morning and let him know how the Flagyl was doing, hopefully I remember to ask then.

I will try to get the probiotic you recommended tomorrow, we had a terrible snowstorm here and our roads are still horrible. If I can get into the pharmacy I will start it tomorrow.

Well that's it. I will keep you posted!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote