View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Yeah VL, i know what you mean... i have boxes of clothes waiting to be got into. for a while i was "working down" my Zyprexa gain from 7 years ago. but that will have to go on pause for now.

but you know, it's not that people are dieting? it's the absolute rigor in many of these diets, regarding eliminating certain food groups or macronutrients that freaks me out.

i mean before (no offense to anyone) but i hear south beach or atkins and they are just labels to me and i do an eye roll... thinking, ahh, latest fad. i don't doubt they work... if observing them means the person has a balance of calories in/out. now i understand eliminating refined sugar - but eliminating cereals??? and in another case... nuts (because of high fat content)?

it's just all bizarre. i sometimes wonder if we aren't headed for astronaut style food....

but, apart from scary
----------------
it also feels a little lonely... because i am not in a place (mentally) where i can handle restricting myself. in fact i am being rather lax... which i know i will pay for because i am allowing myself some real 'excesses' - such as
- eating when i am not hungry and
- eating excessive sugary or starchy things

but other than that - and it is truly exceptional behavior - i wouldn't say i have a bad diet. i mean heck i don't even drink soda!!!

p.s. i DO know that the ketogenic diet, as skewed as it is in terms of macronutrients has been shown to be beneficial in juvenile epilepsy. so hat's off to that one!

i do wish you well on your diet and i am frankly glad you give yourself 'grace' days where you can eat "normal" foods.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-24-2011), Mari (01-23-2011), OhKay (01-23-2011)