View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Chiari

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdoo View Post
Morning all. This is my first post. I just had chiari surgery on 12/06/10 and started back to work part time last week and am trying full time this week. My results to date have been wonderful! I have had neck, shoulder, and the back of my head pain for as long as I can remember and could never figure out why. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago and since then I've always been told all my aches and pains are my fibro.

Long story to get to the chiari, but I figured it out and had the surgery. Very painful the first few days (in ICU for 2 days) and hospital for 4 days. To date I have not had any headaches in the back of my head, in my shoulders, or my neck.
I just have to rest my head after a while because my neck gets tired, but no pain! I'm just so ecstatic and hope it continues once I am completely recovered. My neurosurgeon told me it's a long process (6 mos to a year), but I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that I become pretty much pain free! Has anyone else had this and how was your recovery?
Hi. I too had Chiari surgery in 3/06. It definitely helped and it did take a year to recover completely. I also have Fibro, connective tissue disorder and TOS. Trying to decide on getting the TOS surgery. Good luck on your recovery! Sounds like you are doing pretty good.

Sue
sueofct is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote