View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lucky to find this site, glad to be here

Hello, I am a 51yo male and had a 2cm Macroadenoma pituitary tumor debulked 6 years ago. Medication is keeping the remaining benign tumor from growing, however, either the surgery or the tumor has reeked havoc on my trigeminal nerve. It appears that my symptoms are similar to ATN, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, or Bilateral TN.
I lost my job 6 months ago while taking Trileptal 600mg daily and Lyrica 50mg 3 times daily. The zombie state these meds left me in where not conducive to working and I stopped the Lyrica a week ago. As the brain fog clears somewhat, I began researching ATN when I THANKFULLY ran across this site.
I'm trying to get in to see a Neurologist and would ask him or anyone in this forum to direct me to more info regarding MVD, Micro-Vascular Decompression surgery or studies/statistics, etc. It seems to be what I need as I can't expect to hold a job if these symptoms continue.
I live in Southern California, so any great suggestions on Neurosurgeons would be wonderful.
Look forward to talking with you and hope the best for your own health concerns.
Cajun2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote