View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Klonopin

I am exhausted during the day. I am now up to 2mg a night to get to sleep, but then I'm completely out of it all day long. I feel like a zombie. I have tried not taking this, but it is the only thing allowing me to get some sleep. The doctors just keep telling me you are tired all day because you haven't slept in months and your body just needs to catch up on sleep...once you catch up you will be fine. I have not found this to be the case yet. I'm usually scared to drvie because my reaction time is slower and I don't feel like putting myself in more danger. Hopefully new Drs will have new advice. Thanks for the advice on the half life. I still don't like taking the Klonopin, but I DO like sleep. I also don't like that it is a Benzo which is very addicting. I just don't know what else to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The Benadryl sounds better than the clonazepam. Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) has a half life of about 8 hours. For some it is 10 or 11 and others it is as low at 6. So, it should be at low blood concentration by morning.

worstislucky, Have you had a sleep study? Your dreams could be your brain reacting to you stopping breathing during your sleep.

aggie teacher, Does the clonazepam leave you sleepy during the day? It made my days miserable with constant sleepiness.

My Neurontin works well for me. The other night, I forgot to take it until about 2:00 AM. I then took it and was able to go to sleep within a hour.

My best you you all.
aggieteacher04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote