View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Realize this is a long journey

One thing that everyone must realize when dealing with PCS people is that this could end tomorrow, but it could be years and years until this is gone. For me, I kept doing stupid stuff because I was feeling better and thought that it was almost gone and thought that it would go away soon. It wasn't until I started doing a lot of private research that I found that I needed to get ready for the long haul.
Surprisingly this knowledge helped me to become more at peace with my PCS. Now, I do admit my parents and friends still have trouble accepting that I have almost constant pain, but I try to play it down for them, because they don't realize that although this is tough it is the way it is. I have an easier time with it than they because they are struggling with a horrible idea while dealing with the reality is somewhat easier...I know exactly how much pain I am in and I know exactly what will hurt me more and what will hurt me less.

I don't know if I am making sense because today is a very bad day...Oh, well such is life.

Good luck!
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (01-26-2011), Concussed Scientist (01-30-2011), ConcussedinPA (01-24-2011)