View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you, Lara. Yes, her OB came HIGHLY recommended and helps with our local community pregnancy center (which oldest daughter is a director of volunteer services). He's a very spiritual man, who has strong beliefs and faith. He's not taken a vacation in seven years because he won't leave his patients. He hasn't brought a partner yet, because he can't find one who believes as he does to trust his patients with completely. He's so reassuring to her. He's a kind and wonderful dr. and man.

He's talked with her in a very soothing tone each time he's seen her...letting her know that it will all be OK. He'll be there for her night or day.

He recommended the endo. He said he's a very smart man who will help her.

I firmly believe she's in excellent, God-guided hands.

I've read more about the Grave's disease and it just answers more and more...her erratic behavior which there was no calming or controlling at times, the "verocious" appetite (she'd be sick as all get out and cry HARD that she was so hungry, a hungry "that no one can understand"). It just answers so much and she appears just a bit calmer knowing there's a cause and there's a hope for a calming of it.

She's a strong young woman. Even with the physically brought on anxiety, agitation and erratic behavior, she's handling all this so well...doing what she needs to do. She listened to the concerns, and stated them like, "OK, I have this to do and I'm going to do it."

She took her first 50mg. PTU pill tonight and said the taste in her mouth was horrible afterward. I don't like the side effects to the drug...well, the potential ones. I have concerns there. However, even the common side effects only happen in 1 out of 100 cases.

We found out that Grave's Disease happens in only 5 out of every 10,000 people. That there are no drugs approved for her to take during pregnancy at this point. PTU is the safest because it doesn't appear to cross the placenta.

Mama's got to help her girl at this point probably more than I've had to since she's been an infant...and I will.

Love and thanks,

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote