View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default terrible sore throat

I started with a sore throat last Wed. Went to the dr. on Fri. He looked in my throat and said it was strep, but did not do a test. Gave me a Z-Pack. Went to teach school for the day and coached a basketball game after school. next day took 12 year and 3 friends to the mall for a day of shopping for her bday. They shopped 5 hours and I sat in a comfy chair. The mall was a 2 hour round trip away. Came home and had a slumber party, I went to bed and left husbnd in charge.

From 2 pm Sat to Sunday morning my throat was on fire.I couldn't swallow or talk. Felt like knives stabbing me. Called Dr., he sent me to ER in a town 45 minutes away, even though we have an ER here. He figured I had a throat abscess and he could not treat it. A nurse practioner saw me. They decided I have viral pharyngitis(sore throat). I tested negative for strep and influenza.

I did alternate ibuprofen and tylenol to help with pain. At the ER I got a shot of prednisone and they prescribed hydrocodone and more prednisone. No one there knew much about Myasthenia Gravis although my neuro is associated with that hospital. I wondered about taking CellCept, since that is an immunosupressant. I wondered if I should quit taking it so I could fight off the throat infection. They thought I should keep taking it so I am.

I stayed home from school today and lounged the whole day. I figured tonight I better look at all of the schoolwork I brought home on Friday.
Tbarney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote