View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm sorry you are so sick.

It's not only MG that ER's don't "get," it's immunotherapy they don't understand either.

When you are immunosuppressed, infections can "hide" and things like a CBC or erythrocyte sedimentation rate can look perfectly normal. There is one test they could've done, and probably still should do if you are sick in a couple days: A strep titer. It is a simple blood test that shows if you have active strep in your body.

Z-packs are useless, in my opinion, when it comes to things like strep. You need a better drug! If you can take amoxicillin or one of the cephalosporins like Cephalexin/Keflex, it might work better. They may not be able to give you another one until ten days after you started the Z-pack.

DO NOT stop taking Cellcept - good call. Immunosuppression and schools are a horrid combination, as I'm sure you know.

Please be careful. Monitor things like your BP, your pulse (which can be higher with an occult infection), temperature, etc. Look at your throat. Even if obvious signs of strep go away, it can linger if not properly treated. My Dad had rheumatic fever in the Navy, from strep that goes undiagnosed or treated, and he only had an earache. He then had damage to his heart.

So please followup with your primary doctor! I hope you feel better soon.

Annie

Oh, and quit infecting everyone you see by being around them when you have strep!
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote