10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ33 View Post
I am interested in the spinal cord stimulator.My doctor
has suggested this option for me.I would like to hear
from people who have them
Thanks
MZ33
Hi there, I personally don't have one, but my father has had one for his lumbar area for approx. 7 years now and it did not get him off his meds. He had a 3 level fusion in his lower back, and was hoping for relief from the nerve pain with the stimulator, he uses it constantly, and it does give a bit of relief, but not enough for him to stop his oxycondone, demoral and percs. He says it just changes things up a bit and give brief relief. He's had it reprogrammed a couple times also. One thing to consider, he can never have an MRI again because of the implant, so he can only have CT mylograms when testing for his back or neck must be done. He descibed it to me as about as much relief as when I go to physio and use the tens machine on my arm and wrist pain. Doesn't take it away, but does offer a little relief.

Good luck to you... I understand your pain and wanting to get off the narcotics, I'm having a 3 level ACDF in a month and hope and pray it gets me off all the narcotics I'm currently on.
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-13-2011), MZ33 (01-24-2011)