View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Are you taking......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenswails View Post
everything i read says that pn is heat/cold sensitive. I am not. And that is starts in feet and can move to hands. My hands bothered me way before my feet did. I have been swollen from my thighs to my toes for a few weeks now, and my family dr and my neuro dr do not seem to be concerned about it. I actually believe that my entire body is swollen. I can barely get my shoes on, I can no longer cross my legs, having trouble wiping myself, i cannot wear my wedding rings because I cannot get them on. My neuro dr said, very nicely, "that there is really nothing more I can do for you". What the heck? I am so frustrated. They just keep offering me more medicine for depression...I am not depressed? I wish I could tell my dr's when they ask for payment that there really is not much more I can do for you? Not sure what I am asking but thanks for letting me vent
Gabapentin or Lyrica, it swells the body. I am taking 1200 Gab. and can hardly get my rings on and lets just say, am a little "rounder" than I was before. PN is very frustrating all the around (no pun intended!)..........from the dismiss of Doc's, to the way it can change relationships because of lack of understanding and people "just sick of hearing" it, to the side effects and tolerance issues of the drugs to (barely) control it. It can make one depressed...........who wouldn't be?

Keep venting all you like on here.........we understand.
invisable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Karenswails (01-25-2011)