View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I may be loosing it!!

It has to be true that music sooths the savage beast. Either that or I'm loosing what little mind I have. To explain, yesterday my wife decided to go through all the closets to see what she could find to put in a yard sale trying to make a little money. Lord knows we need it. She finally made it to my closet and she brought out a box with 10 or 12 music CDs in it. I used to have hundreds. I crave classic rock and from time to time, I listen to classical music. Anyway one of the CDs in that box is called Classical Greats including Bach and Wagner. I have a small AM/FM/CD player that the speakers ain't worth a hoot on. I also have an old set of headphones that went to my old IPod. I hooked all this up on my night stand last night and listened to the classical music. I mean I really listened. I could not believe what was happening. It seemed as if all my worries and troubles just melted away, I was in my own little world without a problem. I can not remember the last time I felt so peaceful and I actually slept like a rock last night. Although reality has set back in this morning with SSDI and my financial situation. Last night was truly an experience. I posted this hoping it might help someone else get a few minutes of peace but remember, I had to really concentrate on the music.

Best of luck
Don't let life’s ups and downs get you down.
Get on one of the ups and hang on like a big dog!!!!
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote