View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
I have used music for years. I used it to teach myself yoga breathing. I used it to teach myself to relax. I meditate to music. I use it to help when my nerves are about to fizz and pop. I have some specific music/songs so ingrained in my mind that I can even use them when I have no available way to play them . . . I just play them in my mind. I have conditioned myself to the point where specific music can automatically calm me and set my breathing rhythm.

Now . . . put on one of those guided relaxation CDs and I am ready to strangle someone within minutes! The voice over music on those CDs is terribly distracting, and ruins my ability to relax.

Glad you found your music again.
Thank you so much. I am not lying; I actually thought something was wrong with my pea brain last night. It actually got a little spooky after I thought about it this morning. I have heard of people that have actually hypnotized themselves and then not be able to come out of it. Whether this is possible or not, I don't know. Thanks again.

I just told my wife about my little secret. She says she has known this for years. She has a little IPod Shuffle she won from Avon and she has classical music, sounds of nature like a rain storm and several others on there. She asked me how I thought she had kept her sanity through all the struggles we are facing. I then opened my big mouth and told her that I really appreciated her keeping this a secret from me, now she is highly PO”d at me. Oh well, par for the course I suppose.

Best of luck
Don't let life’s ups and downs get you down.
Get on one of the ups and hang on like a big dog!!!!

Last edited by Rickey; 01-25-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Add On
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote