View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
If I used the brains I was given (when I was young), well I would have had a different outcome.

But I say "BETTER LATE THAN NEVER"

So I am at the stage of my life where I like to learn, I have two god legs, so I can walk, my brain still functions, so I CAN learn, and I'll go down fighting.

I really thought that the various colors would interrupt the signal being transmitted from the sensor to my remote. I really thought this. I said; "Well we are talking light spectrum (learned that from Star Trek), lol, "we are talking frequencies "learned that from Star Trek too), etc.

I thought that if I put colors in front of the panel on the VCR that THEN my remote would have no effect.

Boy was I wrong.

Maybe it's the towel, the cardboard box, and the blanket?

lol

And since I'm the only person I know that even uses a vcr (all my friends in my age group, not only do NOT use a vcr, they don't use dvd players, computers, dvr's, etc. or they do have cable, and their cable box is a dvr and when I ask them "what do you use your dvr for?" I am hit with "What the heck is a dvr?"

When one of my friends said that to me I responded "What do you mean, what is a dvr, you have a dvr right on top of your tv, it's your cable box, and you can record anything you want because your dvr is a sort of hard drive and it's like a mini computer sitting on top of your tv and you don't need tapes, or anything, you can just program it and you can even program a whole series of episodes and you can watch them whenever you wish"?

This is the response I got:

"A hard drive? what the heck is that?, I have a mini computer in that thing?, really??, why would I need to record episodes of anything?", and I think you're wrong because this is a cable box"

I was even asked to hook up someone's phone once and asked the person to bring me a phone line so I could connect the phone to the wall jack.

He came out with an extension cord. I said "are you serious?" and he said "oh, you can't use this?" I said "it's an extension cord for god's sake, are you serious?"

I got a blank stare. Then he brought out ALL THESE WIRES AND LINES AND CORDS that he has collected over the years and says 'pick one"

I found what I needed.

So that's why I learn whatever I need to learn, and I try to rig up stuff when I don't know how to rig up stuff.

I'm going to find out how to fix this remote problem, or I will shoot the sensor (oh I wonder if I can remove the sensor???) lol

Probably not!!!

lol
melody
As they say in the movies, YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Best of luck
Don't let life’s ups and downs get you down.
Get on one of the ups and hang on like a big dog!!!!
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (01-25-2011)