Thread: Hi all
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi all

Have been gone for some time. Seems there's so many unread threads that it'd be impossible to read them all, so decided to just post a new thread.

Have gone through two spinal taps lately to see if my two implants are, indeed the cause of my increased spinal fluid pressure. First spinal tap done with implants being off for a while (that spinal tap was painful!); second spinal tape done with implants having been on for a while (that spinal tap much less painful!). Conclusion: implants not the cause. Good news, because my neurosurgeon said he would insist on the implants being removed if they had been the problem as he would absolutely refuse to put a shunt in to drain off excess spinal fluid due to my other health issues.

So, back to opthaneursurgeon Feb. 1 to try to figure out cause of increased spinal fluid pressure.

Good news is I think I finally have the lumbar SCS programmed for good pain relief. Bad news, having a heck of a time getting pain relief with the cervical one, which is odd because at the beginning the cervical one gave me great pain relief right from the recovery room up until about mid Dec.

So, go back in to get cervical stim. tweaked this Thurs. Have been in 10 times since aug. to get tweaked and getting rather fed up with it all, to be honest. Have had to resort to pain meds. frequently which makes me run for the prunes again (no pun intended).

Have not been doing much what with Winter and all, so hoping that the pain reduction I'm getting in the lumbar area will be enough when things pick up in the Spring and I become more active.

Hope everything goes well for your revision, Rae. Talked to the rep. about lead migration as I wondered about that since my cervical coverage had been so good up until mid Dec. and was wondering if my leads may have moved. He said that even if they had, it wouldn't mean a revision surgery. He said it depends upon how much they move, and even if they do move, they can often still tweak them to get better pain coverage. So some migration seems to be no big deal as long as they can still tweak them, so it sounds like it's when they lose the ability to tweak them that a revision is needed.

Feeling sore so gonna log off. Didn't intend to type so much but you know how it is once you get typing
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (01-26-2011), Mark56 (01-25-2011), Rrae (01-26-2011), vannafeelbettr (01-25-2011)