View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj1959 View Post
It has to be true that music sooths the savage beast. Either that or I'm loosing what little mind I have. To explain, yesterday my wife decided to go through all the closets to see what she could find to put in a yard sale trying to make a little money. Lord knows we need it. She finally made it to my closet and she brought out a box with 10 or 12 music CDs in it. I used to have hundreds. I crave classic rock and from time to time, I listen to classical music. Anyway one of the CDs in that box is called Classical Greats including Bach and Wagner. I have a small AM/FM/CD player that the speakers ain't worth a hoot on. I also have an old set of headphones that went to my old IPod. I hooked all this up on my night stand last night and listened to the classical music. I mean I really listened. I could not believe what was happening. It seemed as if all my worries and troubles just melted away, I was in my own little world without a problem. I can not remember the last time I felt so peaceful and I actually slept like a rock last night. Although reality has set back in this morning with SSDI and my financial situation. Last night was truly an experience. I posted this hoping it might help someone else get a few minutes of peace but remember, I had to really concentrate on the music.
yesterday i fianally went to the "VA".Wow!! what a place i was really impressed and shockedi met with all the right concillors and drs.(at last)they even gave me something to help me sleep and com my nerves(celexa).i started to feel good last night(at last in all most a month).So i went to "Youtube"and downloaded some fun songs for a change.when i was done i slept like a rockhavent done that in a month.compared to the song of john lennon"imTired" to this song what a different.the 2songs couldnt be more different but express one's state of mind(a cry for help all most).kind of a coincident right "RLj"after you hear/see this you may feel the way i did last night...GREAT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hweXcgF1DRI
don1956 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote